Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Oaky, so I will blog already!!!!


So my family is really into blogging, and so are my friends, and everyone is telling me I have to start doing this. So here I am, plus it is a way of journaling. Spring said if you make it a goal to blog at least once a month, you will feel so happy. So that is where I am starting. It is April first, and I am here.
So I want to start off by saying I love April fools! I get my family every year. Today I put green food coloring in the milk. You can't see it until you are pouring it, it is in a carton. Adam was the first to get it. He started to pour the milk, and jumped. I started to laugh, so he knew I did it. He just looked at me and told me I'm such a dork, and ate his green milk covered cornflakes! Then Lilli was next. I walked into the kitchen to see her just standing there, staring at her cereal. With out even moving, she just said, "Um, mom, the milk is green, I think it is moldy!" I fell on the floor laughing, trying to say April fools. She just laughed at me. Then Dillin, he did a double take. He started to get ready to pour, but looked inside the carton first, looked at his cereal, and quickly looked at the milk again. I started laughing, and he just looked at me and said, "That is disgusting!" Tori over heard him, so I did not get her with it. Then later that day they wanted sugar Cinnamon popcorn. I said sure. Tori was with me. I popped it on the stove, and suggested we get Lilli and Dillin again. We took a small amount out and poured baking soda and Cinnamon on it, and stirred it up. I then called Lilli in the kitchen and said that she could have this little bit, even though it is not snack time, and it should not affect her. She has Type 1 diabetes, for those of you who don't know. She took a piece and popped it in her mouth. She chewed it up and started to make a funny face. I again started laughing, and she yelled, "ugh, mom, no more April fools jokes!" I then called Dillin up and told him I have some sugar popcorn for him. He was watching a movie, and he came up telling me what part he was at, and started eating without even thinking. He ate several pieces, before he made a face, and spit the last piece out and just as politely said, "Um mom, there is something wrong with this popcorn." I told him there wasn't and that he just needs to eat it, and I started to eat the real stuff. He just looked at his bowl, and looked back at me, and put another piece in his mouth. Then said "No mom, really there is something wrong with this popcorn!" Me being surprised I kept from laughing for so long, finally started laughing, and said "April Fools!" He just sighed and asked for the good stuff. I then proceeded to give a piece to Sabrina. She loves popcorn. She put the piece in her mouth, and just frowned really big. Then spit it out. I laughed and gave her the good stuff. Then a few minutes later, gave her another piece, and she just spit it out quivering! Oh I'm a mean mom, but I do love it so. Adam tried to get me later by putting a tie thing around the spray hose on the sink, but the first time, Tori got it, and she freaked trying to figure out what was going on, and the second time I saw it, before I turned it on. Nobody can get me!!!!! I love April fools. Okay I think that is for now, I will be back in a month, if not sooner! Take care all.

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha can you bear your testimony about this next fast meeting...just want everyone to know I am not the only Mom that takes satisfaction in things like this. Those were very good and creative April fools jokes...I'm inpressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you did this. I love April Fool's day but my kids hate it. This year they were lucky I forgot about it while helping a friend. Though I did get Jon pretty good. After dinner I said, "Who wants doughnuts?" He got all excited and then I said, "April Fools!" The look on his face had me laughing for like 5 minutes.

    ReplyDelete